Duties of the Sheriff
- To serve and enforce all orders of the Indiana County Court of Common Pleas.
- To provide security and protection for the court of common pleas and court-related functions.
- To transport prisoners to and from county, state, and federal correctional institutions for court appearances.
- To enforce the Pennsylvania Crimes Code and Motor Vehicle Code.
- To assist other law enforcement agencies in Indiana County whenever needed and in special law enforcement functions such as DUI Enforcement Checkpoints, Bike Unit, K-9 Units, and community events.
- To serve bench warrants.
- To serve civil writs.
- To serve and enforce Protection From Abuse orders.
- To enforce child custody orders.
- To conduct levies, sales of personal property and real estate.
- To issue Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms and License to Sell Firearms.
- To perform other duties as requested by the court of common pleas and the county commissioners.
Sheriff: Robert E. Fyock
Christopher J. Cusimano
Indiana County Courthouse
825 Philadelphia St.
Indiana, PA 15701-3973