Welcome to Indiana County Emergency Management
Our next LEPC Meeting is scheduled for January 29th, 2024, at 3:00pm.
New Technologies Expand Our Capabilities to Better Serve Indiana County; New Cell Site Improves Connectivity for Area Residents and Visitors
Local Emergency Planning Committee
The Local Emergency PlanningCommittee, or LEPC, is established in accordance with the requirements set by Title III of the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA Title III). All members are nominated by the County Commissioners for appointment by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Council (PEMC). The membership (at a minimum) is comprised of nine (9) members representing the following groups:
- County Commissioners
- County Emergency Management Coordinator
- Local Elected Official from within the county
- Public Safety Representative (Law Enforcement, EMS, Health, Local
- Environmental, Hospital, and Transportation personnel)
- Fire Service Representative
- Emergency Management Personnel
- Local Media Representative
- Community Group Representative
- Facilities Representative (Manufacturing and Industry)
The duties and responsibilities of the LEPC are:
- Prepare, approve, and review an off-site emergency response plan for each qualifying SARA Title III Section 303 facility within Indiana County.
- Publish an annual notice of its public information for use by the general public.
- Establish procedures to receive, store, and retrieve Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Tier II Chemical Inventory Forms, and all other applicable documents.
- Inventory and track all facilities required to report and maintain an off-site emergency response plan.
- Report all violations of Act 165 of 1990 to PEMC.
- Oversee income and expenditure of funds available through the Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Act
The LEPC meets the last Monday of the month (with the exception of May and December) at the Indiana County Emergency Management Agency office located at 85 Haven Drive, Indiana, PA 15701. All meetings are open to the public.